A group of 88-Generation Students urge all Safaron Revolution Activists around the world (any nationality) to study this case in detail, to draft a well-informed document complaint, and to submit it to the International Criminal Court of the United Nations.
Please volunteer your time and expertise to save 1000s of murders in future and to justify thousands of victims in the past. This is just a part-time job. Full-timers from related NGOs are most welcomed. We are organizing people with good knowledge in international laws, political science, diplomacy, work experience in the UN, or any useful expertise.
PART-1: Analysis and Drafting to submit to Prosecutors of ICC
We need Team-1 to read rules, procedures jurisdiction requirements.
- Advisory Committee on Genocide Prevention
- Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide
- Victims' guide to the International Criminal Court (ebook: 109 pages)
PART-2: Reporting on Massive Violation of Laws by Burmese Junta
- We suggest Team-2 to work closely with Team-3, to write a proper report with information collected by Team-3. A long list of violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and existing laws needs to be documented, before forgotten. Witness references (including details such as victims' names, address, brief record, etc.) will be collected by the help of UNHCR and NLD network in Burma. (e.g. Shooting unarmed street demonstrators were simply murder. We need dates, time, place of shooting, evidence photos, estimated death toll, etc.)
- Useful references:-
PART-3: Witness and Reference Collection
- Than Shwe's troops were practicing anarchy, violating so many laws (from UN's international conventions to their existing Burmese laws). We suggest Team-3 to collect any useful evidence on their violation of every article in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and witness references (including details such as victims' names, address, brief record, etc.).
- Confirmed evidences of how many victims (or cases) for every article in the UN Declaration of Human Rights are now seriously needed. (This will sum up how many years Than Shwe has to go to jail.) Field interviews and data collection needs to be done. NLD people are willing to help on this.
Please contact burmanow at